Crowning Florence's Duomo majestically, Brunelleschi's dome is an architectural masterpiece inside and out. Delve into its details as you climb up to the top with an expert guide, and enjoy incomparable views of the city.
Florence Cathedral Dome Guided Tour Itinerary
After meeting your guide in Florence's Piazza del Duomo, you'll make your way to the iconic Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, also known as il Duomo, where your guided tour of its crowning feature will begin.
Accompanied by your expert English-speaking guide, you'll climb up the top of the cupola, or dome, as they reveal fascinating facts about the history and importance of the structure. Designed by mathematical genius Filippo Brunelleschi in the 15th century, the dome is an incredible feat of engineering: nothing like it had been built since antiquity, and Brunelleschi had to invent new machinery in order to construct it. A beautiful example of Renaissance Gothic architecture on the outside, the inside is also exquisitely decorated with frescoes by Giorgio Vasari, which you'll be able to admire up close.
Reaching the top of the dome, you'll be left speechless by the incomparable panoramic views over Florence. Thanks to the Duomo's location in the heart of the historic quarter, and the Cupola being the highest point in the city centre, this is one of the best places from which to take in the sights. Don't forget your camera!
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is a guided tour of the dome of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, but does not include a guided tour of the rest of the Cathedral.
- The ascent to the Brunelleschi dome is narrow is narrow and winding so it's not recommended for people with claustrophobia.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 11 years old||Children under 6 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 6 and 11 years oldUS$ 32.50
Children under 6 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Cathedral Dome.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Arnold Coffee, Piazza del Duomo.