Taste some of Italy’s most renowned wine and sample its local products during a full day-trip to Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano, all in the province of Siena.
Leave Florence behind in the morning on your air-conditioned coach and head towards the province of Siena, a picturesque county with slanting hills, ancient vineyards, olive trees, abbeys and rustic farms.
Visit a traditional wine estate in Montalcino, a small walled town that is perched on top of a hill in Val d’Orcia. Follow the expert guide through the vineyards and the estate’s cellars and complete the tour with a wine tasting (Brunello and Rosso di Montalcino) accompanied by some of Tuscany’s local produce. After the tasting, you’ll explore the village and admire its fortress.
Continue your journey to Pienza, Pope Pius II’s hometown, which he transformed into an ideal Renaissance town. This romantic city is famous for its pecorino cheese, made from ewe’s milk.
Next, you’ll stop at Montepulciano. This medieval and Renaissance city sits on a hill surrounded by century old trees and green valleys. Admire its impressive churches, monuments and buildings and then you’ll head to a wine estate in the region and sample its famous Vino Nobile and typical cold meats and cheese.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children less than 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 39.30
Children less than 3 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
English speaking host that will accompany you during the day trip.
Visit several wine estates and do Brunello di Montalcino and Nobile de Montepulciano wine tastings.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (6:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Florence Coach Station, Villa Costanza (Tram T1)