Discover the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany and Umbria on a full-day trip from Florence, in which you will take a guided tour of Assisi, the fascinating hometown of St Francis, and visit Cortona, a picturesque town built by the Etruscans and where "Under the Tuscan Sun” was filmed.
Assisi and Cortona Day Trip
Your guide will collect you at the scheduled time on board an air-conditioned coach and you'll sit back and enjoy the spectacular landscape of Tuscany and Umbria during the journey.
Stop at Assisi, St Francis’ hometown. San Francesco d’Assisi founded the women’s Order of Saint Clare and the men’s Order of Franciscans in 1208. The medieval town is located on top of a hill overlooking a scenic valley. Your guide will lead you through the winding streets and stop at the Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi. This temple houses numerous frescos by Giotto and is one of Italy’s most important pilgrimage sites. After discovering St Francis’ fascinating life story, you’ll visit the Basilica of Santa Chiara.
Once the guided tour is over, you’ll have time to explore Assisi at your own pace and choose one of the town’s restaurants for a delicious meal (not included).
After lunch and before heading to Cortona, your guide will take you Santa Maria degli Angeli Church, where St Francis founded the order of Friars Minor.
In Tuscany, you’ll stop in Cortona, a quaint town which became famous when it was used as the set of the film “Under the Tuscan Sun”. Cortona was established by the Etruscans between the eighth and seventh century BC. It offers beautiful panoramic views of the region and has very interesting architecture.
Afterwards, you’ll head back to Florence, arriving around 7:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 56.50
Children under 4Free
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
Expert English speaking escort.
Guided tour of Assisi.
Entry to Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi.
Entry to Basilica di Santa Chiara.
Entry to Basilica de Santa Maria degli Angeli.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How long is spent in each city?
A - The tour of Asisi takes approximately 2 hours. There you'll have an hour of free time. The tour of Cortona lasts about an hour and a half.
Q - Which hotels are included in the pick up?
A - Pick up and drop is included in the hotels in the centre of Florence, excluding the area around the station. This service is not available for appartments or B&Bs.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.