Public Holidays in Florence, Italy
When you plan any holiday, it is always a good idea to check the country’s public holiday. Here is a list of when Florence and the rest of Italy celebrates its public holidays and observances:
Be sure to check this list, that way you can be sure you won't get a nasty surprise, and find any of the attractions you were planning to visit closed.
- New Year’s Day: 1 January
- Epiphany: 6 January
- Easter: the date varies
- Easter Monday: First Monday after Easter
- Liberation Day: 25 April. It marks the end of the Nazi occupation in Italy.
- Labor Day: 1 May
- Republic Day: 2 June. Commemorates when the Italian citizens voted to abolish the monarchy and became a republic.
- The Feast of St. John: 24 June. "La Festa di San Giovanni" is the public holiday of Florence.
- The assumption of Mary: 15 August
- All Saints’ Day: 1 November
- Immaculate Conception: 8 December
- Christmas Day: 25 December
- St. Stephen’s Day: 26 December