Discover the beautiful Tuscan church, originally dating back to 1212, that hosts a great amount of artistic wealth with this Guided Tour of Santa Croce Basilica.
Guided Tour of Santa Croce Basilica
At the agreed time we'll meet in the Piazza Santa Croce. Here, we'll marvel at the imposing facade of the temple and go inside the basilica to begin our guided tour.
As we enter from the left side of the building, our guide will help us understand the enormous wealth it holds. We'll begin to see some of the first works of art, such as the sculpture that pays homage to the writer Giovanni Battista Niccolini.
We'll take a guided tour around the most beautiful chapels of the temple and see works by artists such as Giotto, with his frescoes, and Donatello, who made the huge crucifix of the high altar. The Santa Croce Basilica is famous, not only for its immense artistic wealth and its enormous size but also for the many illustrious figures who rest eternally within its walls, Michelangelo, Machiavelli, Galileo Galilei, Rossini.
After visiting the main areas and the sixteen chapels of the church, the guided tour of the Basilica of Santa Croce will end by entering the crypt and admiring the bell tower.
To enter the Santa Croce Basilica you must cover your shoulders and knees.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old||Children under 6 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 26.50
Children under 6 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Professional English speaking guide.
Entry to Santa Croce Basilica.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Next to the Dante statue, Piazza Santa Croce