Delve deep into the passionate history of one of Italy's most influential families: the Medicis. Discover their secrets and their artistic legacy on this walking tour of Florence.
Medici Florence Tour Itinerary
This guided walking tour of the Florence of the Medici family will take you to some of the Italian city's most important monuments, revealing the history of the richest family in Italy and their huge impact on the art and architecture of the region. Amongst the family members, there were three popes, two queens, various military leaders and a number of politicians, like Lorenzo "The Magnificent". Did you know that this family governed Florence for 350 years?
During the tour, you'll admire the façades of the Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapel, where the remains of the family members rest, as well as the Uffizi Gallery, the prestigious gallery originally built to house the city's Magistrates. The route will of course take in the iconic Ponte Vecchio, where you'll hear how the family modified the structure of the bridge in order to adapt it to their bourgeois tastes.
Your expert guide will explain their history and reveal curious facts surrounding them while you contemplate the famous Vasari Corridor, a covered passageway that connects the palace with the Palazzo Vecchio so that the Medici family could pass freely between the palaces without mixing with the public.
The visit will come to an end at the Palazzo Pitti, a majestic Renaissance palace where the Medici family would hold extravagant parties and banquets as a display of their power and wealth.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 4% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 14 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 14 years oldUS$ 12.20
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Florence history and art.
When to book?
You can book up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Via Cavour 21, Red