Delve deep into the passionate history of one of Italy's most influential families: the Medicis. Discover their secrets and their artistic legacy on this walking tour of Florence.
Medici Florence Tour Itinerary
This guided walking tour of the Florence of the Medici family will take you to some of the Italian city's most important monuments, revealing the history of the richest family in Italy and their huge impact on the art and architecture of the region. Amongst the family members, there were three popes, two queens, various military leaders and a number of politicians, like Lorenzo "The Magnificent". Did you know that this family governed Florence for 350 years?
During the tour, you'll admire the façades of the Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapel, where the remains of the family members rest, as well as the Uffizi Gallery, the prestigious gallery originally built to house the city's Magistrates. The route will of course take in the iconic Ponte Vecchio, where you'll hear how the family modified the structure of the bridge in order to adapt it to their bourgeois tastes.
The visit will come to an end at the Palazzo Pitti, a majestic Renaissance palace where the Medici family would hold extravagant parties and banquets as a display of their power and wealth. Your expert guide will explain their history and reveal curious facts surrounding them while you contemplate the famous Vasari Corridor, a covered passageway that connects the palace with the Palazzo Vecchio so that the Medici family could pass freely between the palaces, over the River Arno, and even through the Santa Felicita Church, without mixing with the public.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 14.60
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Florence history.
Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants.
Entrance to monuments.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Piazza San Marco.