Pisa and Lucca are two of Tuscany’s most-visited cities. Take a full day-trip from Florence and discover these two charming towns and its famous attractions including the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Pisa and Lucca Day Trip Itinerary
Your guide will pick you up at the meet point and you’ll head to Pisa, 85 km away, on an air-conditioned coach.
Once in Pisa, follow your guide through the city’s beautiful piazzas and winding streets and discover the town’s history while you walk along the Piazza dei Miracoli, admiring the Baptistry, the Cemetery and the Cathedral.
After the guided tour of the Cathedral, you’ll have time to explore the city at your own pace and you can climb to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
After discovering Pisa, you’ll head to Lucca, where you’ll be guided to the magnificent old town, wandering through its piazzas and alleyways and along a section of its still intact walls. Some of the top attractions include the Anfiteatro Square, the Torre Giunigi and San Martino Cathedral.
Lucca also has several impressive medieval towers and a city wall which still stands intact.
Before taking the coach back to Florence, you’ll go on a Buccellato tasting, a typical Lucchese cake with an almond filling.
Transport only option
When you book this activity, you can also book the "transport only" option, which includes transfer to Lucca and Pisa, and return journey to central Florence. Once you get to the two destinations, you will have two hours of free time in each city to explore at your own pace.
As it is free to enter Pisa Cathedral, it can get very busy. In the case that the lines are too long to visit the cathedral on the day of your tour, you'll enjoy a guided tour of the Piazza Cavalieri instead.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
|Excursion to Luca and Pisa||
Excursion to Luca and Pisa
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 37.90
Children under 4Free
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 30.30
Children under 4Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Return transportation in an air conditioned coach.
Expert English speaking escort throughout activity (optional).
English speaking guided tour of Pisa (optional).
English speaking guided tour of Lucca (optional).
Buccellato cake tasting (optional).
Drop off at hotel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Which hotels are included in the pick up?
A - Pick up and drop is included in the hotels in the centre of Florence, excluding the area around the station. This service is not available for appartments or B&Bs.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).