Take a full-day trip from Florence and discover three of Italy’s most beautiful cities: Pisa and its emblematic Leaning Tower, San Gimignano and its remarkable Medieval Towers, and finally Siena, with its magnificent Cathedral. The excursion also includes an exquisite traditional Italian lunch at a wine estate.
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day Trip Itinerary
The full-day trip begins on board a luxury air-conditioned coach and relax while you head to Pisa, Galileo Galilei’s hometown and where he created most of his inventions.
Upon arrival in this charming city, you’ll have time to explore Pisa at your own leisure. Take a walk and discover Piazza dei Miracoli and its numerous landmarks like the Cathedral, the Baptistry, the Camposanto Monumentale and last but not least, the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
The next stop is the Chianti region in central Tuscany, where you’ll stop at a Wine Cellar to have a delicious typical Tuscan lunch accompanied by excellent selected local wines. The menu consists of typical Tuscan products: salami and pecorino cheese for starters, pasta or lasagna as a main dish and the typical "cantucci biscuits" for dessert (dishes may vary depending on the season). There is also a vegetarian menu available, including vegetable crostini, pasta with tomato, and salad. If you require a gluten-free menu, please let us know in the comments section when making your reservation.
After lunch, get back on the coach and climb the hill-top until you come to San Gimignano, Italy’s most beautiful medieval village. Take your time and discover this fascinating area at your own pace strolling along its cobbled streets and squares. San Gimignano’s 14 surviving medieval towers were built by the village’s wealthiest families to demonstrate their power and riches.
After visiting San Gimignano, you’ll take a guided tour of Siena’s historic centre. Follow your guide though the town’s striking streets and squares, past the Piazza del Campo and the Palazzo Pubblico and step into the Siena Cathedral. At the end of the guided tour, you’ll have time to explore more of Siena, have a coffee or go shopping.
The coach will return to Florence after you've had the opportunity to admire the sunset over Tuscany.
The day trip comes to an end at approximately 8 pm at Piazzale Montelungo, back in Florence.
Please note that the tour can sometimes change and start at Siena and finish in Pisa.
Self-Guided Day Trip
You can also reserve an independent full-day trip and save some money if you prefer to visit Siena on your own and don’t want to visit the Siena Cathedral.
On certain occasions, such as the Palio de Siena (on 2nd July and 16th August), the cathedral may be closed. On these days, an alternative visit will be taken of the San Domenico Basilica.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Students 13-26 years oldUS$ 96.90
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 51.30
Children under 4Free
Self Guided Day Trip
Students 13-26 years oldUS$ 87.50
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 47.80
Children under 4Free
11 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Transportation by air conditioned coach.
Multilingual English speaking host throughout the tour.
3 course Italian lunch with wine in a Wine Estate.
English speaking guided tour of Siena (optional).
Entry to Siena Cathedral (optional).
Return transfer to your hotel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can a pushchair/stroller be brought?
A - Yes.
Q - Can you climb the tower in Siena during the free time?
A - There will not be enough time to climb the tower, but you can visit its surroundings.
Q - Are there vegitarian options on the menu?
A - Yes, you should indicate any special requirements in the comments when making the reservation and remind the guide on the day of the tour.
Q - Which hotels are included in the pick up?
A - Pick up and drop is included in the hotels in the centre of Florence, excluding the area around the station. This service is not available for appartments or B&Bs.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).