Set off on a day trip to Rome from Florence on a high-speed train and discover the fascinating Italian capital and visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica and a lot more with skip the line access.
The day trip begins in Santa Maria Novella Train Station, where you’ll be given all the necessary information and train tickets to make the most of your trip to Rome.
Relax during the 1-hour-and-15-minute train journey to Italy’s capital city. Upon arrival, head to the meeting point, where your English-speaking guide will be waiting for you and lead you into the Vatican Museums with fast track entry (saving a few hours of queue).
The next stop is the mesmerizing Sistine Chapel, where you’ll witness some of Michelangelo’s greatest works of art: the Creation of Adam and the Last Judgement.
Next, step into St Peter’s Basilica, the papal enclave in Rome and one of the most impressive temples ever built. Explore the church and behold impressive works of art like La Pietà and the Baldachin Altar.
Once the guided tour is over, you’ll be handed a 1-Day Travelcard and a map of Rome. You’ll have all afternoon to visit this captivating city at your own leisure and explore its city center and try its cuisine. We recommend you head to see the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
The return train arrives in Florence at 9 pm till the 14th of December and starting from the 15th of December the train will arrive at 10:20 pm.
St Peter’s Basilica is closed on Wednesdays, since the Pope holds the Audiences on this day. If you book the day trip on a Wednesday, you’ll spend more time discovering the Vatican Museums.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children less than 3 years old|
Children less than 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Return high speed train tickets to/from Rome.
English speaking guide in Rome.
Skip the line entry to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica.
1 Day travel card in Rome.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Casa Italo (Santa Maria Novella Train Station)