Set off on a fabulous day-trip from Florence and discover Siena, Tuscany’s medieval town, visit Monteriggioni with its fascinating landscape, followed by San Gimignano, famous for its white wine and then go on a wine tasting in the Chianti region.
San Gimignano, Siena & Chianti Day Trip
Climb aboard an air-conditioned coach and weave through the Chianti hills, stopping at San Gimignano, one of the most characteristic towns in the area, with beautifully preserved walls and defensive towers.
The day tour continues with a guided tour of Siena, only 30 minutes’ drive away. Follow your tour guide through the narrow streets and learn all about the town’s impressive history. Famous for its numerous Gothic masterpieces, the town is packed with remarkable artworks by Michelangelo and Donatello, which you'll discover exploring the Piazza del Campo, the impressive Palazzo Pubblico and the cathedral.
After the guided tour, you will enjoy a light lunch in the area and try the delicious local gastronomy. And if you like you can try some delicious locally made sweet treats. If you require a vegetarian or gluten-free menu, please indicate this in the comments section when making your reservation.
Explore at your own pace San Gimignano, known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, for one hour and 15 minutes and find out why it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1990. The town is renowned for its tower houses, which were built by the wealthy families of San Gimignano as a sign of their power and affluence. You’ll have free time to visit the city and its 14-still standing towers.
The tour then continues around the Chianti region, full of vineyards and bodegas, getting the best of the region and the best of the wine made under the very same name, drinking in the stunning local landscape.
Before heading back to Florence, we'll make a stop in a well known local vineyard for a tasting of some local produce, charcuterie, oils, and of course the local wine!
The tour will come to an end in Florence at 7:30 pm.
Order of the tour
Please note that the itinerary can change and that the visit to the wine cellar can take place in the morning.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 39.10
Children under 4Free
10 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Transportation by air conditioned coach.
English speaking host will accompany you during the excursion.
English speaking guided tour of Siena.
Visit a wine estate with a wine tasting and sampling of other traditional products.
Light lunch in Siena
Traditional baked goods tasting.
Ice cream tasting.
San Gimignano and Monteriggioni guided tour.
Return transfer to your hotel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Which hotels are included in the pick up?
A - Pick up and drop is included in the hotels in the centre of Florence, excluding the area around the station. This service is not available for appartments or B&Bs.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).