Discover the abundant history in one of the most important towns in Italy for Roman Catholics with this Assisi Day Trip from Florence. Explore St Francis' birthplace and the beautiful churches.
Assisi Day Trip
At 7:45 am we'll meet at the Villa Constanza Bus Terminal to get the bus that will take us through the region of Umbria.
After a two-hour journey, we'll arrive in Assisi, a small town on a hill surrounded by vineyards - an authentic image of the Italian countryside! If Assisi is known for anything, it is for being the birthplace of Saint Francis and Saint Clare.
We'll follow in the footsteps of these two saints by taking a guided walking tour through the streets of Assisi. The first stop will be Basilica di Santa Chiara, where the remains of the founder of the Poor Clare Order are found.
Afterwards, we'll go to Basilica di San Francesco, where we'll learn about the life of the saint and see it illustrated thanks to Giotto's frescoes. After this visit, you'll have free time to explore Assisi and enjoy a delicious Italian meal.
The tour will continue towards the Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli, where St. Francis found his religious vocation. A religious myth and a jewel of architectural mannerism, did you know that it is one of the most sacred places for the Franciscans?
After this visit, we'll head back to Florence, arriving back at the starting point at 7:30 pm.
Assisi and Cortona Day Trip
If you're visiting Florence on other dates and you don't want to miss the visit to St. Francis of Assisi's birthplace you can book the Assisi and Cortona Day Trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 54.50
Children under 3 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
11 hours 15 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and other languages.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the St Francis of Assisi Basilica.
Entry to the Saint Claire Basilica.
Entry to the Saint Mary of the Angels Basilica.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Villa Constanza Bus Terminal (Tram T1)