The beautiful Italian city of Florence is a hive of legendary tales and hidden secrets. Explore its most mysterious corners and discover surprising stories on this guided walking tour. Unforgettable!
Florence Mysteries & Legends Tour Itinerary
Renaissance palaces, Medieval churches, streets that could be straight out of a tale of duelling swordsmen... The Tuscan capital is full of nooks and crannies that have been witness to any number of mysterious events over the course of its history. Throughout this walking tour of Florence at nightfall, you will get to know the legends and secrets hidden in its ancient streets.
Begin your route in the winding streets of Florence city centre. As you stroll through Piazza del Duomo, passing the iconic Baptistery, Campanile di Giotto and Florence Cathedral, you'll hear about the Miracle of the Flowering Tree and discover who it was who brought a dead elm tree back to life. Constructed on the wall of the cathedral, you'll be able to see a curious sculpture of a bull. Do you know the legend behind this unusual church decoration?
Continue your walking tour to the Church of Santa Margherita dei Cerchi where you'll learn the story of the secret love between Dante and Beatriz. You'll then head over to Palazzo Vecchio to discover the intriguing tales of the Medici family, who ruled Florence in the 16th and 17th centuries.
Admire what has become an open-air sculpture gallery as you wander through the Piazza della Signoria to the world-famous Uffizi Galleries. The wings of this palace contain one of the most important collections of Renaissance art in the world, donated to the city of Florence by the Medicis in 1737.
The final stop on your tour will be the Ponte Vecchio, the site of countless mysterious occurrences since the Middle Ages. Your tour will finish in front of Palazzo Pitti.
- This is a walking tour that does not enter any museums or monuments. All explanations about the buildings on this tour will be given outside their façades.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11 years old|
Children under 11 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (5:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
21 Via Cavour RED.