Venice is one of the most magical and unforgettable cities in the world. Take an independent full day-trip from Florence and cruise along its canals on a vaporetto, stroll through its streets and visit its top attractions.
Meet your host at 7:20 am in front of Casa Italo, inside Santa Maria Novella Train Station. You’ll be given your train tickets, a map of Venice and a 1-day Vaporetto travelcard to make the most of your day-trip to Venice.
Set off on a high-speed train and relax during the 2-hour journey.
Upon arrival, you’ll have eight hours to discover this fascinating city at your own leisure. To explore the maximum of the city, the day-trip includes a one-day waterbus travelcard, from which you can get a different perspective of the City of Canals.
We strongly suggest taking Vaporetto nº1 from Santa Lucia Railway Station and cruise down the Grand Canal until you get to Piazza San Marco, Venice’s main square. It houses the spectacular Doge’s Palace and the Basilica di San Marco, two of the city’s top sights.
You mustn’t miss the Rialto Bridge, Santa Maria della Salute Church, Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari Church and Santi Giovanni e Paolo Church.
The return train departs at the following times:
- Until 14th December 2019 at around 9 pm.
- After 15th December 2019 at around 9:30 pm.
To complete the experience, you can reserve this tour with a gondola ride which lasts 30 minutes.
This is an independent full day-trip, meaning no guide will accompany you during the excursion. The activity includes high-speed train tickets, a one-day vaporetto travelcard and assistance at Santa Maria Novella Train Station before departure.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children less than 3 years old|
|Self Guided Venice Day Trip||
|Valencia Tour + Gondola Ride||
Self Guided Venice Day Trip
Children less than 3 years oldFree
Valencia Tour + Gondola Ride
Children less than 3 years oldFree
14 hours - 14 hours 30 minutes.
Return high speed train tickets to/from Venice.
1 Day Vaporetto travelcard.
Map with the lines and schedule of the vaporetto lines.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can you choose the time of the train?
A - No, the schedule is predetermined.
Q - If we reserve for several people, can we sit together on the train?
A - In the majority of cases we can reserve seats so you can sit together on the train. But we cannot guarantee this if you reserve with short notice, as it depends on the popularity of the train. We therefore recommend that you reserve as soon as possible.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Casa Italo (Santa Maria Novella Train Station)